Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Greetings From Kekui's Court

I was inspired to begin this blog by my best friend. I love her for all her support and inspiration. I was raised as the only male child in a house with 8 women. Yes I said 8. Thank God "The View" or "Oprah" wasn't around yet or I wouldn't have gotten any time watching G.I. Joe or The A-Team. I love women and I think that I was blessed to be raised in a loving home with so many women. They shared with me their perspectives on life and love, they educated me on the nuances and subtleties of the female psyche and they made me sensitive and understanding of what my role and responsibility was as a man. I am married and so now my greatest challenge is to love my wife in a way that both honors her and inspires pride from my matriarchs. So I am hoping this blog allows me to share my experiences of what I've learned on how to communicate, love, respect, fulfill and inspire the women in your life. Your friend, sister, mother and wife all are dynamic and amazing. Hopefully this blog will allow us to share, network, educate and inspire each other to be the best we can be. I encourage both men and women to join so we can embark on this journey together. The eyes of Kekui are upon us. Together we will see the light.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Palabra (I love it!):

    Congratulations on what will surely be the beginnings of your book. This is something that is so needed, and I know that you will impact many lives through the words you pour out here. You know that you have already done so much for me. I'm so happy to have you in my life. You truly inspire me to be the best version of myself that I can be.

    Love you!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you joined the blog. I am really excited to begin this journey. I consider this an invitation to strengthen friendship, love and share the opportunity to strip out of the costumes and masks we wear and learn and grow in our understanding of ourselves and others.
    You are a true inspiration to me and I hope my words can equally inspire others.

    ReplyDelete